Sometimes when I go to restaurants I wonder if I’m the only person who’s more interested in the appetizers on the menu than the entrees. I seriously debate almost every time over just ordering an appetizer, and sometimes I do. I mean, technically they’re usually huge enough to be considered an entire meal. Right?
Because of my love for snacky, appetizer-ish foods I sometimes wish I was a raging lunatic of a football fan so I could do the whole tailgating thing. Just…without the football (actually, I don’t hate it; just don’t really care). But the food, well I could go for that.
Unfortunately I’m on yet another diet, so here’s my purely dream list of 10 mouth-watering, drool-enticing, show-stealing appetizers that I would make if I weren’t already twenty pounds overweight.
- Pepperoni Pizza Puffs – hello, wonderfulness. I’m imagining I’m sitting on a tailgate right now and that it’s actually under 80 degrees.
- Individual 7-layer dip – I’m not vegan so I would use some delicious cheddar instead of that stuff she used, but seriously, what genius is the individual portion sizes? I’ll take two.
- Artichoke Dip – it has artichokes and spinach in it, so it must be healthy, right? Right? Hello?
- Forget boring old cheese balls (forgive me, my beloved cheddar), I want to binge on this PEANUT BUTTER BALL! Eeeeeiiiiiiii!! Stop the insanity!
- To make up for my treasonous earlier comment, I have to include this Baked Brie. Holy smokes, my cheese-loving self is about to have a stroke just looking at the photo. Trust Martha to bring me to my senses.
- Pretzel Pizza Rolls – because every single list I make has to include some form of baked pretzel.
- Bacon Double Cheeseburger Dip – I would probably hold the bacon, but that’s just me and my weird self.
- Cheesy Garlic Cauliflower Breadsticks – now these I’m really interested to try out because if I could use cauliflower instead of bread my life would be revolutionized. Too dramatic? I think not.
- Fried mozzarella Balls – obviously fried foods aren’t my friends, but you have to live once in a while.
- Bloomin Pizza Bread – oh beautifulness, will you marry me?
So someday, when I’m perfectly healthy and skinny I’ll have to make all of these and go to a football game or something. I bet I’d make a whole bunch of new friends if I did. 😉
Parties I link to: Craft-O-Maniac, Sew Can Do, C.R.A.F.T., Making the World Cuter, Skip to My Lou, Chef In Training, A Bowl Full of Lemons,Sugar Bee Crafts, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Todays Creative Blog, Mandy’s Recipe Box, My Girlish Whims, Handy Man, Crafty Woman, Sew Much Ado, Ginger Snap Crafts, Southern Lovely, House of Hepworths, The Crafty Blog Stalker, A Glimpse Inside, Tidy Mom, Thirty Handmade Days, Tatertots and Jello, Flamingo Toes, Six Sisters Stuff, Naptime Creations, I Heart Naptime