I originally had something a little more impressive planned for today, but after 30 days, well, we’re all just a little tired and cranky, and what you see is what you get.
We made ribbon jellyfish, which is a part of our alphabet activity book (more on that another day).
It’s a super simple concept.
Cut out a large circle.
Cut the circle in half (handy if you have two kids).
Glue various ribbons on the underside.
Glue the front to the “J” page.
The girls enjoyed cutting the ribbon and gluing it all together, and I enjoyed that it was the last day of the month. 😉
I had several projects lined up that we didn’t get to, and even a few that we started and didn’t get around to finishing.
Here’s a list of a few that I hope to get around to soon.
- Fabric and Masking Tape Hopscotch Mat (Susannah LOVES hopscotch so I’m really disappointed in myself for not doing this, but I just could not remember to buy masking tape. Bad Bek!)
- Rock Monster Magnets – this is one that we started and never got back to. The rock monsters are super cute, so I really should drag them back out.
- A-Frame Tent – Seriously, this has been on my to-do list for FOREVER. But I thought it may be a bit ambitious for the activities this month. It’s more of a my-mom-made-me-this-awesome-foldable-tent-project, anyways. Not much the kids could do to help
- There were several canvas art projects that didn’t happen yet, but I’m sure they will in the future. I think the girls would enjoy having some of their own artwork displayed.
- Paper Chain Cutouts – I actually made some of these, but didn’t think the girls would be able to cut through all the layers. Since there wasn’t anything they could really do I nixed it.
- Camp in the backyard. Yeah. Like that one was gonna happen. Maybe someday.
- And a few that I thought would be more fun for Thanksgiving, so we’ll do them in November.
Anyway, it’s been fun!