Nine years ago I said “I do” to this handsome dude named Jeremy.
Best decision ever.
It seems like a lifetime ago and there have been lots of little bumps in the road, but still…best decision ever.
So here’s a little list of things I love about my man.
- He’s an awesome dad. Seriously.
- You know that thing about guys being from Mars and women from Venus? SO TRUE. We’ve decided that the odds of us ever really understanding each other are pretty much zero. But Jerm still takes the time to listen to me and try to get where I’m coming from. He could just not try at all.
- Even though he hates it with all of his being, he lets me take trips to visit family and friends. He seriously despises it when I leave home, but he knows it’s important to me, so he lets me go without giving me (too much) grief. (Sorry in advance for February, Jerm.)
- He gives me foot massages and stuff. It’s pretty rad.
- He thinks gifts are pretty much useless, but he gives them to me all the time anyway, because that’s my love language. I know it’s not easy for him, but that makes them just that much more special to me.
- Boy can sing. And play the guitar. And the piano. And pretty much any other musical instrument he touches. I like that.
- He cares about my opinions. Sometimes it doesn’t FEEL like he does, but if I’m honest with myself, I know he does. I just like the occasional pity party.
- He’s one of those guys that’s really there for the people in his life. He’s dependable and loyal. It’s kind of hard to find that these days.
- No matter how fat or old or wrinkly I get, he still loves me. No matter how grouchy or moody or mean I am…he still loves me. I don’t know how.
Happy Anniversary, Jerm. I love you.