My mind refuses to accept that we’re already well into February, but computers don’t lie. Except when they do…mainly when I log in to Facebook and see all kinds of malarkey. (That whole thought was just an excuse to use malarkey cause it’s an awesome word.) But anyways. Here’s a bit of what we’ve been up to so far this year.
- Not pictured, but taking up gigantic amounts of time: school. Lots and lots and LOTS of school. We’re all tired of it and it’s only February, yall. Our schedule has been kind of weird and wacky so we’re fitting it in around all the crazy.
- We had a tiny dusting of snow early in the month and the girls promptly bundled up and reveled in it for about five minutes. Then they got cold and came inside forever. 😀
- Jerm took me out to a gorgeous little bakery/restuarant downtown called Bread Winners where we had the most amazing smoked gouda fondue I’ve ever tasted. We split the chicken and waffles and I was seriously sad that we couldn’t finish the fondue…my heart has been longing for it ever since. 😉
- My sister made an impromptu visit at the end of the month and we had such a good time having her here with us. We spent a few days in Temple with grandma and the fam there, had some amazing Mexican right on the river, and of course made the obligatory stop at Buccee’s to load up on completely unnecessary trinkets/treats/etc.
- We also stopped by Magnolia Market on the way back to Dallas. It’s one of my favorite places to wander around, ever. You might even say the bakery there is my happy place. 😀
So those are the highlights. We have a lot of stuff happening in the next month or two, so I’ll share about that as it happens. Remember how as a kid January and February were like the slowest months ever? I’d be down with that.