Okay, seriously, June has been absolute insanity around here.
The parents came for a visit, we’ve been searching for a car, Jeremy’s been working a lot of extra hours, we’ve had lots of church activities, I’ve been re-doing Susannah’s room, planning her 5th birthday party, and next week we leave for Washington (yay!).
I’m almost done with Susannahs room – at least I’m almost done with what I have planned for this month. There will probably be a few projects I’ll work on as I have time before it’s completed but at least it’s liveable now.
I thought I’d share one of the projects this week since my blog has been a total ghost-town for most of the month, and hopefully I’ll be able to share more of her room and party next week.
These photo blocks turned out so cute!
I was inspired by these found on Pinterest, of course (please don’t pin this image from my blog):
How adorable is that?!
Here’s how I replicated them.
- Cut wood to desired sizes. Mine were 3.5″x3.5″. The long ones are 1.5″x5.5″ (thanks, Jerm!). Sand all the edges smooth.
- Stain wood. I used whatever we already had laying around. I added some black paint for a more aged look.
- I wanted a black border for my photos so I painted the front edges before adding the photo.
- Cut the photo to fit the block or just a tiny bit smaller. Make sure no part of the photo is extending over the edge of the wood. Spread a layer of ModPodge on the wood and place photo on top, smoothing out any air bubbles. Spread a layer of ModPodge on top of photo.
- Distress the edges of the photo with ink.
- I also made some birth stat blocks and for added stability added some glue dots. Since they’ll be in Susannah’s room I’m sure they’ll need it. 😉
Love! I can’t believe she’s five already.
Parties I link to: Craft-O-Maniac, Lines Across My Face, Sew Can Do, Sew Chatty, C.R.A.F.T., Making the World Cuter, Skip to My Lou, The Southern Institute, Chef In Training, Confessions of a Stay at Home Mom, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Sweet Little Gals, Vintage Wanna Bee, Sugar Bee Crafts, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, The Kurtz Corner, Todays Creative Blog, Tip Junkie, Mandy’s Recipe Box,Rook No. 17, the Sasse Life, My Girlish Whims, Handy Man, Crafty Woman, Sew Much Ado, Polka Dots on Parade, Ginger Snap Crafts, Southern Lovely, House of Hepworths, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Somewhat Simple, Something Swanky, A Glimpse Inside, Crafty Scrappy Happy, Delicate Construction, Simply Sweet Home, Tidy Mom, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Kojo Designs, Thirty Handmade Days, Sassy Sites, Tatertots and Jello, Bacon Time, Flamingo Toes, Six Sisters Stuff, Sweet as Sugar Cookies, Naptime Creations, Crazy for Crust, Lolly Jane Boutique,