Here’s how I did on my goal list this past month.
As usual, I didn’t succeed at everything, but I’m pretty happy with my overall progress.
- Make one item each week to add to the girls dress-up wardrobe – I’ve kept up with this and will be making the last item this week. It’s been a fun project!
- Paint Susannah’s bedroom – YES! As of Saturday, her room is painted and ready for beautification.
- Make Susannah’s quilt – No. But it is still on my list and I hope to make some progress this week.
- Exercise 4-5 times per week – Yes, mission accomplished. Now if only the scale would start being kind…
- Try three new recipes – Yup, this one was easy.
- Take the girls to the library at least twice – I think we only made it once. I haven’t had my car available for most of the month so library trips have been put on hold for the most part.
- Mail at least three handwritten letters – YES! And enjoyed it!
- Start planning Susannah’s birthday – Plans are coming along pretty well. I’m sure I’ll still be panicked and stressed by the end of June, though.
- Take all of the items that didn’t sell in my garage sale to the donation center – I actually set everything out by the curb and the entire lot was picked up within the hour.
- Make homemade dishwasher detergent – Yes. Seems to be working about as well as the Electrasol did.
- David Copperfield – I have about two chapters left and should be done today. FINALLY! Seriously. 900 pages of insanely detailed descriptions, anyone?
- Beyond Belief to Convictions – I’m only about ten pages into this book, so it’s doubtful I’ll finish in time. 😉
- Lord of my Rocking Boat – I have a few chapters left of this book also, but should be able to finish in the next few days.
- Finish reading Little House on the Prairie to the girls and start on the next book in the series – Yes. The “Laura and Mary books” are very popular with Susannah, especially.
- Continue reading Leading Little One’s to God daily with the girls – Yep
- 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles 1-3, Luke 23-24, John 1-12 – On track
- Pick two verses to memorize with the girls – YES! Huge accomplishment for me, here!
- Colossians 1: 27-2:2 (Did I mention that I fell way behind last month?) – erm….let me just speak plainly, here. I’ve given up on memorizing Colossians. I still want to memorize but I think I’ll be revising my goals for June. Oh well. Can’t win em all.
- Kind – Well. You know.
Overall, not a terrible month.
My weakness seems to be memorization….
Time to start working on my list of goals for June.