I know I haven’t shared any new projects lately, but I have been working on a couple of things and hope to put a few up on the blog this coming week.
Here’s a list of the craft supplies that I can’t seem to pass up lately.
- Journaling Cards – I don’t even scrapbook, although I hope to keep some sort of informal record of my family at some point. I prefer writing in journals (not that I do it very often!), but I think I would maybe love using Project Life, where I’m pretty sure journaling cards first became popular. They’re cropping up everywhere, though, and I’ve succumbed to their charm…several times (thanks a lot, daily deal sites and Target!).
- Glittered Tissue Paper – I’m still loving the tissue poms for parties, so I was thrilled when I found some fancy glittery colors at Walmart the other day while shopping for party supplies for Susannah’s upcoming birthday. See? Walmart does have some positive points!
- Paper doilies – just because they’re so pretty. I’m trying to implement these into the party decor, too!
- Martha Stewart glitter – it’s outrageously expensive, but it lasts forever and nothing else compares. Jerm bought me this package last week that I’ve been eyeing forever and I can’t wait to have the girls help me make glitter magnets with it!
- Art journals – I stop and look at every single one I see and dream about how I’ll fill it up. (Even though I have several and haven’t done anything in them yet…)
- Lace – specifically peach and coral-colored lace. I love it.
- Felt – it’s versatile and sturdy. I have an endless number of projects pinned and bookmarked that call for felt. I’m especially in love with wool felt, and wish stores would start carrying it locally.
- Fuzzy trim – this stuff is too adorable. I actually stocked up during Christmastime because they were selling this for the mini trees for much less than what you pay per yard in the fabric department (Walmart again!), and it’s the same, exact stuff. Don’t you just want to touch it?
- Mini paper pads – I want them all! (And I don’t know why.)
- Washi Tape – I’m not one to jump on every new fad, but this stuff is pretty cool. You can attach it to anything, and I’ve seen some awesome ideas for it online. I used it to jazz up a boring dollar-store composition book the other day. Now each page is triple thick, so I can experiment with other mediums. (See? Art journal obsessed, I tell you.)
Your turn! What are your go-to craft supplies? I’d love to know!
Parties I link to: Craft-O-Maniac, Sew Can Do, Sew Chatty, C.R.A.F.T., Making the World Cuter, Skip to My Lou, Chef In Training, Confessions of a Stay at Home Mom, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Sugar Bee Crafts, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Todays Creative Blog, Tip Junkie, Mandy’s Recipe Box, My Girlish Whims, Handy Man, Crafty Woman, Sew Much Ado, Ginger Snap Crafts, Southern Lovely, House of Hepworths, The Crafty Blog Stalker, A Glimpse Inside, Delicate Construction, Tidy Mom, Thirty Handmade Days, Tatertots and Jello, Flamingo Toes, Six Sisters Stuff, Naptime Creations, I Heart Naptime