In a week I’m going to turn 34.
All things considered, it’s been a pretty great year.
Here are 10 things I’ve enjoyed since being the big three-three.
- Getting to see Ang in January ranks pretty high in my book. After about a month I start going through sister-withdrawls, so imagine how wrecked I am after a couple YEARS. The circumstances weren’t exactly ideal, but it was soooo good to spend time with her again.
- Working with Susannah on her schooling. She’s reading like a champ now, and I’m so proud of her.
- Crafting with my girls. It makes me so happy to see them so excited to start projects. They talk about their “cwafts” all the time and are constantly cutting and pasting little bits of fabric and embellishing with glitter.
- Our trip to Fredericksburg earlier this year. Besides it being a fun, relaxing time with Jerm (and seeing Kevin James twin), I’d been dreaming about these calzones for four years. 🙂
- Reading in general. I seem to have re-awakened the old beast this year. Can’t find the time to read everything I want to.
- Teaching my Sunday School class. I love, love, love this age group.
- Camping with the fam. At least it was fun for one night. 🙂
- Getting aquainted with my iPhone. I know that’s kind of stupid, but I really, really like this phone…
- Getting back into couponing (on a much more moderate scale). It’s nice to build up my stockpile again and save some $$ without spending my entire life clipping coupons.
- Several of these Hawaiian burgers from Burger Island. About every six months I start craving one and beg Jerm until he takes me out. They’re gut bombs, but what a way to go.
I’m looking forward to another year with my little family.
How about you? What’s made you happy this year? 🙂
Parties I link to: Craft-O-Maniac, Sew Can Do, Sew Chatty, C.R.A.F.T., Making the World Cuter, Skip to My Lou, Chef In Training, Confessions of a Stay at Home Mom, A Bowl Full of Lemons,Sugar Bee Crafts, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Todays Creative Blog, Tip Junkie, Mandy’s Recipe Box, My Girlish Whims, Handy Man, Crafty Woman, Sew Much Ado, Ginger Snap Crafts, Southern Lovely, House of Hepworths, The Crafty Blog Stalker, A Glimpse Inside, Delicate Construction, Tidy Mom, Thirty Handmade Days, Tatertots and Jello, Flamingo Toes, Six Sisters Stuff, Naptime Creations, I Heart Naptime