So we’re home, I think we’ve finally kicked the sinus infections we came back with, and things are starting to seem normal again. I don’t know if it was being sick or what but it took me forevvvvver to get over the jet lag this time around. Maybe I’m just not as young as I once was…
We jumped right back into school and finished up the remainder of our school year on Friday, so we’re ready to jump straight into our next grades starting Tuesday. The year-round thing worked really well for us this past year so we’re sticking with that for now. To celebrate the end of our first-grade history we partied Roman-style. Interpretation: we ate while reclining. The girls had a blast and nobody even spilled their drinks so it was a win all around.
We had meat, cheese, bread, grapes, dates, and sparkling grape juice. Oh, and raspberry rolls. We may have broken the authenticity with that, but Susannah wanted them. (Don’t mock our “couches.”)
I walked into the living room the other day to this:
I came home to a gigantic stack of mail; some of it was even interesting. 😉 My favorites:
- The DohVinci kits, courtesy of BzzAgent
- eSalon box of products (also thanks to a Bzzagent program) – my hairs really needed this one!
- A stack of books from Paperbackswap – I seriously love trading books on this website, check it out if you haven’t already. Just do it.
- My complimentary necklace/earring set from the Tiny Bluebird Boutique – I won a contest a few weeks ago and they let me pick what I wanted from their shop. Isn’t it pretty?!
- This envelope that wins the prize for prettiest mail, ever.
Last weekend Aunt Tammy hosted a tea party for the little girls and they had a blast dressing up, eating cupcakes, and posing for pictures. Little girls are so much fun. And Aunt Tammy is awesome.
What have you been up to lately?
Celebrated anything, even for a silly occasion like finishing Roman history?